Reliable, Energy-Efficient Heating Equipment from Top Brands
When the temperatures start to cool off, your attention turns to your heating system. If this is the year for a new heater, Holstead's Air Conditioning and Heating can help. Our family owned and operated company has more than 63 years of experience providing heating installation and replacement in Ruston. Our heating experts can install the ideal heating system for your home or business.
How Long Does a Furnace Last?
When a furnace is properly and professionally installed it is set up to last a long time. The specific amount of time a furnace will last is dependent on many factors. Some of those factors include the amount of usage it will receive every year, and the climate of where the home is located. The most important factor is the level of maintenance the furnace receives. A furnace should have maintenance every year to ensure longevity. A well maintained furnace can be expected to last anywhere from 15 to 20 years before needing to be replaced.
- Understanding Air Conditioning Condensers
- 4 Signs You Need To Replace Your Furnace
- Don't Let Your HVAC Systems Keep You Up At Night
“They have always been professional, knowledgable, competitive prices, and they treat you like family.” - Chris S.
Are you wondering when to upgrade your heating system? The typical life expectancy of a heater varies, depending on the type of system and how well it has been maintained. If your home is heated by a furnace, you can look for signs that the system is reaching the end of its life.
A new furnace may be the right decision when you notice:
- Sudden increases in heating bills – If your energy bills have increased, but you haven’t changed the temperature on the thermostat, your furnace may be working harder to heat your home.
- Uneven heating – It may be time for a new furnace if you have noticed warm and cool spots in the house or excessive drafts.
- Constantly adjusting the thermostat – Does it feel like you are constantly turning up the thermostat but the house isn’t getting warm enough? This could be a sign that your furnace is no longer capable of keeping your home warm.
- Frequent repairs – A furnace that frequently needs to be repaired is aging, and replacement may be a better decision compared with the cost of constant repairs. In addition, if an old furnace needs a very expensive repair, consider replacing it.
- Odd noises – Loud banging or grinding sounds are a sign that the furnace needs attention. Depending on the issue, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
Our technicians are fully licensed, insured, and experienced in heating installation and replacement. If your heater isn’t running reliably, we can inspect it to assess the overall condition and help you make decisions about repair or replacement. We focus on customer care and providing honest, reliable advice.